Growing a business is always challenging. Not only do you need to conquer markets and wow your customers, you must also master all things on the human resources front as you scale the company and add employees.
You have to be in touch with and responsive to their needs, foster a safe and engaging work environment, offer compelling enough benefits packages to recruit top talent, and provide enough opportunity to retain your best workers.
But implementing effective human capital management strategies is just the tip of the iceberg. Depending on the size and location of your business, your company may also be subject to local, state and federal labor laws, including the FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA and more. To ensure your business is in compliance with all applicable laws, you need to have vetted HR policies and practices in place. And the Affordable Care Act has been pitching curves as well. Complex rules and regulations like these are can be so overwhelming and distracting that it’s doubtful any employer could stay on top of them alone.
The solution for many small business owners is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), like G&A Partners, which offers customized HR services for managing all employee-related tasks and issues. As a PEO, G&A Partners provides proven solutions and technology in the areas of human resources, employee benefits, payroll administration and workplace safety.
Here is what every small business should know about outsourced professional HR management:
1) Get help before there is a crisis. Did you know that, on average, 450 companies are hit with employment lawsuits each day? But most businesses don’t think about engaging an HR partner until after they’ve experienced a costly HR mistake or crisis. The effects of crises like these can be either minimized or avoided completely when you outsource your HR functions to a professional like G&A Partners.
2) Pay for the tools you need. Many business owners fear outsourcing will be expensive. The reality is PEOs like G&A Partners can supply the whole HR toolbox for a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time HR professional. G&A Partners’ turnkey HR services are both customizable and scalable, which means you only pay for the tools you need now, but have the option to add on other services as you need them. And a PEO like G&A Partners is a great resource if you already have an employee watching over your existing HR area.
3) Technology makes life easier. G&A uses advanced technology and an online portal to give managers and employees alike the access they need while protecting sensitive business and personnel data: Managers can quickly approve employee hours and initiate the new hire onboarding process, and employees can easily update their direct deposit information or get copies of their W2s.
4) Regain your focus. Many employers don’t realize how much time they had been spending on tedious HR functions until they no longer need to do so. Clients often tell us that they experience a tremendous sense of relief in knowing that a true expert is now handling their complex HR functions. What’s more, they also have more time to re-focus their time, talents and energy on pursuing growth opportunities.
5) Stay in control of what’s important. Many business owners and executives get caught up in the idea that handling all of their HR functions in-house is better because they’re afraid of losing some control of the business. But that’s simply not the case: Businesses that outsource their HR administration still retain control of their companies and their employees – they just don’t have to be bogged down by the stress and daily tasks that other businesses have to deal with. Remember – your PEO works for you, not the other way around.
Call to Action
Check out our new cost effective “Small Business HR Advantage” program. Affordable, scalable, expert HR solutions tailored to meet the needs of small business. Details at https://www.gnapartners.com/mn-small-business/